Monday, September 18, 2006

G.W.B. in NYC

The eagle has landed...straight in the middle of Midtown Manhattan. Our fearless leader, George W. Bush is in New York City to give a speech at the United Nations today. Unfortunately for me, this means impossible mazes to get to and from work everyday. The reason being that my office is across the street from the lovely Waldorf Astoria Hotel. Apparently Mr. Bush likes to cause havoc in my commuting life but consistently staying in this hotel while sojourning in New York City. There are cops everywhere! Young cops, old cops, female cops, doggie cops, cops in disguise, cops in cars, cops with very big guns, and cops eating doughnuts on the corner.

It can be very disconcerting to walk down the block and see K-9 units sniffing everything, "newspaper" sellers with earpieces and the largest guns held by the largest men with the largest helmets and bulletproof vests. I think my brother, Coyote, would be in paradise to see the sights I see while traversing from my little office on the corner of 49th and Park Avenue. I'm less than thrilled when the eagle lands in the Waldorf Astoria nest.

1 comment:

Twinkie said...

please shoo the eagle away. i don't want him building a nest in the waldorf. such a lovely building not meant to be desecrated.....if only stephen colbert's eagle was here to scare off this old bird.....