Friday, May 11, 2007

Waldorf Riff-Raff

I thought working across the street from the Waldorf-Astoria hotel would be cool. I was wrong. It is completely and utterly annoying plus I get no foreseeable benefits from our close proximity.

The last two days have showcased how un-classy the Waldorf neighborhood has become. On my daily commute I walk along the north side of the hotel. For the last three days there have been about 15-20 men loitering under the newly placed scaffolding. I walked the same route everyday that takes me in the thick of these loitering fools. My earbud iPod headphones are in my ears to block out the noises or comments made by the men, but I can't close my eyes. Basically I pretend they aren't there as I walk by; but out of the corner of my eye I can see their facial expressions and eyes. Apparently these men have nothing better to do than irritate people walking by them, drink coffee and smoke.


I'm hoping that the Waldorf cleans up this riff-raff so that I can resume my normal commute to work instead of taking a detour to avoid feeling exposed and annoyed by the behavior of these men.

No comments: