Friday, October 05, 2007

Mets Curse Continues...


...The 3rd Annual Baseball FHE Night came and went. This year we had 3,500 members and friends of the Church attend a Mets v. Nationals game. It was a gorgeous evening and the missionary choir as well as Highbench performed very well during the pre-game activities. It was a very enjoyable time; however my presence led to the downfall of the Mets victory.


I have yet to witness a win by a New York team. That is five years of defeats whenever I am in attendance. The worst came on Sunday, September 30th. The Mets were in a do or die situation with the Phillies. I went to the game instead of Church (sorry Mom) and low and behold the team fell apart in the top of the first inning. The Pinky curse continues. I feel like I should write a nice note to the Mets organization swearing to never attend crucial games for the rest of my life. A nice game in the middle of May would be perfect. No pressure if the curse continues.

It was a good time on Sunday with Bowler, Beemer and Dancing Queen. We got some free food, free tickets and Dancing Queen even won something in the Mets memoribilia raffle.


No comments: