Saturday, October 20, 2007

Why New Yorkers, Why??

I've realized that I developed a "hard edge" since living in the big, bad city. I'm not all sugar and sweet. Things and people bother me more than in my previous West Coast life. Lately these pet peeves are being excaberated by my fellow New Yorkers.

Here are some of the top 'peeves' I'm dealing with on a daily basis:

Wearing wool coats and boots in 75 degree weather...hello...it's still hot people. You'll have plenty of time to enjoy your wool coats and pointy toe boots. Remember the months of January and February average a high temperature of 30 degrees!

Talking on your cell phone at the top of the subway steps; thereby BLOCKING the entrance...finish your stupid call along the side wall. There is no need to allow those who want to go into the depths of New York to overhear your frivilous conversation.

Placing your cart/basket full of groceries on the ground in a long line of food purchasers...then leaving your picks to continue your shopping without losing your place in the long line.

All SMOKERS, a little tip...just because you blow smoke away from yourself doesn't mean you're saving your lungs from cancer...instead you're endangering MY lungs.

Trying to pay for anything with a debit/credit card when the line clearly states it's a CASH ONLY register. Maybe they're all foreigners...but I tend to doubt it. Something about an impatient attitude that screams "New Yorker". (I should know.)

Apparently I'm on a roll with detailing my peeves towards my fellow New York City inhabitants. Overall, I think my biggest irritation is that people don't behave the way I think they should. Apparently, I'm the one who has to fix the situation by not being irritated. We'll see if I can make that work.

Anyone want to bet on my success in not being annoyed by others because they don't behave how I want?.....yeah, I thought not.

No comments: