Thursday, July 24, 2008

Movie Review - The Dark Knight

"SEE IT" - I love me some Christian Bale as Batman and was eagerly anticipating the next chapter in the revamped series. Claire, Netter and I bought tickets for a Saturday afternoon showing and along with about 300 other people crunching on their popcorn enjoyed this movie.

By now it is impossible to get away from all the critics accolades for Heath Ledger, Christopher Nolan and his dark, character driven vehicle of the superhero genre. I tried to put all of that "stuff" out of my mind when we reached our seats in the packed theater.

This movie simply put is fantastic in all areas of filmmaking. The sets, costumes, lighting, editing, music, locations, but most importantly actors were superb. I go partly for the Christian Bale eye candy but was completely enraptured by Heath Ledger as the Joker and by Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent. Ultimately this is a story about characters that just happens to have cool gadgets and stunts. I found that I cared about the motivation behind the actions of our main characters. Normally when going to see a superhero movie I just want to see the stunts and CGI fight sequences and could care less about the character.

Go see this movie and the more you see it, the more it will make sense. Still a little lost on aspects of the story. Thank you to Christopher Nolan who didn't take the violence over the edge because that would have been a bit too gruesome for my pretty brown eyes to handle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Baw, kasagad-sagad sa iya ubra blog!