Monday, July 28, 2008

Stone Cold Brigham Young University

Brigham Young would be so proud of his namesake educational institution. Today the Princeton Review unveiled their college/university rankings on a plethora of categories. My alma mater Brigham Young University held strong for like the 15th straight year (I'm guessing) as the #1 Stone Cold Sober School and Most Religious Students in the nation.

The Provo campus also took home:

#3 Don't Inhale (purest air in the West),

#6 Best College Library (wish I had more years studying in that library instead of watching it being built or dug up),

#10 Alternative Lifestyles not a Lifestyle (not sure how I feel about this one - but makes sense for Provo) and

#18 Everyone Plays Intramural Sports (those competitive juices flow freely at the Y)

It is nice to know that many years out of college that not much has changed. I remember President Hinckley praising the students for their #1 rankings. For some reason the continuity of BYU as the Stone Cold Sober school gives me hope for a better tomorrow.

No comments: