Thursday, July 31, 2008

Memories, light the corners of my mind

Today is my birthday. It is not just any birthday....oh, no, I turn 30 today. I have just entered into another decade of life. On days like this, it is good to reflect on what shaped you to be the person you are now. So here goes my list (in no particular order) of defining moments that molded my character and enhanced my life:


  • Moved to New York City - Sept. 2002
  • Traveled in Europe with Netter (Paris, Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Prague, Rome, Florence and soon London)
  • Graduated from BYU - August 2001
  • Welcomed two fabulous women into the family as my sisters-in-law - Oct. 1998 & July 2004
  • DVR was invented and brought into my home - Sept. 2003
  • Became an aunt 5 times over (soon to be 6) - July 2001, August 2003, April 2006, May 2006 & July 2008
  • Paid off 7 credit cards
  • Bought my first iPod (have since bought 2 more) - can't remember when i got the first one
  • Met amazing friends in New York - Sept. 2002 to the present
  • Saw "Wicked" on Broadway with Doc - May 2004
  • Got my own apartment - July 2006
  • Broke my ankle - February 2008
  • Worked with and met retired NBA Players - Sept. 2002-June 2005
  • Went to Jamaica for work with Joani - 2004
  • Taught Sunday School in Church - January to December 2006

I am sure I am missing some additional seminal moments of my young life that should appear on this list. The thing is that in essence all of my choices and adventures have shaped me into the person I am. It is quite exciting to think about the next ten years of experiences and events that will continue the molding process.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Happy Birthday Melanie! I love you. I hope you had a good day.

Heidi said...

Hope you have a happy birthday!! So glad we still stay in touch via blog. You will always be a dear friend.