Friday, September 19, 2008

Happy 6th Anniversary to me!

Today is my 6th Anniversary with New York City. I moved to this fantastic location expecting to stay for a year maximum...now 6 years have passed, and passed quickly. I have been in a reflecting and self-analyzation mode recently because of 9/11, the financial crisis, upcoming General Conference and beginning of Autumn. All of this has coinsided with my New York Anniversary.

I've come to realize that I was always meant to be in a long term relationship with New York. When I was a pre-teen and teenager my dad would travel to New York for work and I would be so jealous because I wanted to go so badly. It was almost like the Land of Oz, all glittery and full of magic. Now 6 years later I don't think the city has lost its luster in my life at all. If anything there are daily occurences that make me fall in love with this city over and over again.

My life has been wonderful in New York. It is full of great friends, a fantastic job, as well as opportunities to indulge in art, theater, travel, food, sporting events and concerts. It is hard to be so far away from my family and my lifestyle is quite expensive in this decadent city but these are sacrifices that must be endured to be here...where I know I'm supposed to be.

So to answer your question Grandpappy...I still haven't "gotten it out of my system yet."

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Glad you are enjoying the Big Apple. Maybe one of these days we will get there for a visit. Justin & I are actually headed to DC in October if you want to come play down there. =)

Connie said...

I can't believe that you have been there that long. What an exciting place it must be to live. Congrats on the anniversary. One of these days I am going to get to come and visit you.

Donetta said...

just 6 years, huh?