Thursday, September 18, 2008

Milkshake Quest

I have been on a quest for quite some time to find a good milkshake here in NYC. My favorite place called Roll-n-Roasters on 11th and 3rd closed down due to unstable structure and since then I have tried valiantly along with my side kick Netter to find a decent milkshake. Our quest thus far has only produced sub-par results.

Thankfully, Pocket Change came to the rescue with this week's NY Best. I now have three more locations to try and determine the best milkshake in the East. Let me know if you are interested in participating in this journey.

Here are the candidates:
IL LABRATORIO DEL GELATO
95 Orchard Street

Their Dark Chocolate Milkshake was recommended as the richest shake because of their dark decadent ice cream. This great gelateria also provides ice cream to other locales on the list of best milkshakes. I'm a sucker for anything that can transport me back to Florence and the mountains of gelato I consumed.

NEW YORK MILKSHAKE COMPANY
342 East 47th Street

How have I not found this place before? Anyplace where milkshake is in the title is a good thing in my opinion. They win the prize for thickest milkshake. Oh come to momma!

STAND
24 East 12th Street

This location is literally about a block away from my previous favorite milkshakers. Goes to show that good food is all around. They receive the gold star for their Toasted Marshmallow milkshake as the Comfort Shake of NYC. Not sure I'll try that one if an Oreo or other chocolate mix-in option presents itself.

If any former residents or visitors to New York City have any recommendations for good milkshakes, please feel free to share. I am willing to travel throughout the borough of Manhattan to find that perfect blend of ice cream and milk.

Wish me luck!

No comments: