Monday, September 22, 2008

The Quest continues...

...as BYU Football is on a Quest to bust through the BCS, I am on a quest to find the best milkshake in NYC. Saturday was my first journey into the wilds of milk, ice cream and mix-in goodness.

Netter and I headed out into the city to the Milkshake Company on 47th and 1st Avenue. I was much surprised to find a small shack on the grounds of a lovely promenade. It reminded me of a lunch spent in the Tuilieries with Doc and Netter enjoying the Parisian landscape and joie de vivre. I must admit I had high expectations of the shake simply because it came from the "Company." You can imagine my surprise when the "Company" only boasted about 7 flavors and small sizes. I chose the Cookies 'n Cream while Netter opted for the Mint Chip. The shake was good but definitely missed the mark on obtaining that elusive status as New York City's best milkshake according to moi.


Netter's bafflement by the huge straw...the shake wasn't that thick that the straw needed to be a half inch in diameter

The shack strongly reminded me of this one in the Tuilieres where I had an excellent Croque Monsieur. Oh sweet, sweet Paris!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Love the quest. When you find it, you'll have to take me there. I want you to know, you were my first. My first blog to read, that is. So, thanks for introducing me to a whole new world.;)