Friday, November 26, 2010

me, my mooch and utah

went to utah a couple of weeks ago to enjoy a little family time since i wasn't going to be with them for thanksgiving or christmas this year.  (thanks joani for the thanksgiving feast even though it was only november 14th)  the trip started with joani losing track of time and forgetting to pick me up from the airport...thank goodness for scrabble flash...and ended with me forgetting my iPhone on the way to the airport so we had to turn around and back track 20 minutes.  the middle was the best part and here's why...

saturday morning my sister mooch and i ventured to the shopping outlets of park city.  she watched me use coupons at banana republic and ann taylor to replenish my winter wardrobe.  i went bowling with brothers, sister-in-law, mother and my nephews.  kinda embarrassing that my 4 1/2 year old and almost 2 year old nephews beat me at one game...granted they had bumpers...but still.

sunday was church with joani and mooch.  then a flat tire, cracked windshield and fantastic massage.  evening ended with previously mentioned awesome pre-Thanksgiving Thanksgiving feast provided by joani and grandpappy.

monday morning grandpappy and i went to get the tire fixed and talked.  love listening to his stories.  i got to spend the rest of the day and evening with mooch.  we had lunch at cheesecake factory, drove to SLC, rocked out to a Lifehouse concert and then drove back home together.

these hours i spent with my sister showed me how much i love her.  she is an amazing person.  our age difference forced our time living under the same roof to be short.  i felt like i knew her well and we were close but most of our past time together was spent with the rest of the family members.  we haven't ever really been one-on-one as adult sisters since she took care of me and my broken ankle in 2008.  it makes me sad that our home together sister time was short but i know we have eternity to look forward to.

i'm grateful for her friendship, that she shares the bathroom and her mirror with me when i visit, she takes excellent care of our mom and grandpa, she is a hard worker, she constantly strives to do what is right, loves our nephews and nieces with all her heart, will car dance with me when it's appropriate to rock out, is the epitome of beautiful with her dark hair and blue/gray eyes, knows her limits, will listen to my stories and advice, cares deeply for her friends, and has a deep knowledge of who she is and what she is striving for. 

her childhood and teenage years were so different from mine.  she is a better person than i was.  she is an example to me in so many ways and i'm thankful to be her big sister.  i look forward to many more hours of one-on-one time we can share together in the future.

1 comment:

Aly said...

I LOVE YOU!!! now any time I feel the need for a confidence boost I can read your beautiful words :) Love you so much!