Friday, February 11, 2011

maybe next year british isles

best laid plans are sometimes complicated by outside forces.  this is what happened to our british isles vacation 2011.  as previously posted the royal wedding is taking place smack dab in the middle of netter's and my time in europe this year.  this means that costs for flights, hotels, rental cars, food and every other tourism industry produced commodity at the very least doubled in price.  these increases coupled with the fact that the pound kicks the dollar's "booty" meant that netter and i needed to do some re-evaluating of our european vacation destination. 

in a cramped sitting area of la guardia airport whilst waiting to board our plane to florida we decided to enjoy the abundant beauties of spain.  i'm excited to enjoy the visual wonder of guadi in barcelona, the art and food of madrid and maybe make netter drive through spanish countryside avoiding sheep. 

the conclusion to this story is that i forgive william and kate for messing with the prices of my british isles vacation because there are still plenty of places to go and see in europe.  if there weren't these alternate options then i might be less likely to offer my full forgiveness.




2 comments:

Rachael said...

M, I can highly recommend Spain, as that's where I served my mission. If you need any travel advice, let me know!

Laura said...

I love Barcelona! And who would want to be in England when there was a Royal wedding anyway???