Friday, August 05, 2011

this week's simple moments

1.  walking past long line of people waiting to buy tickets to a movie - i opted to use the kiosk inside where there was no line
2.  taking a "roller coaster" bus ride home along the torn up/about to be paved madison avenue
3.  putting my rockefeller center priviledge card to good use for a $3 discount to top of the rock
4.  keeping my cool while stuck in a cab veering through horrible traffic on way to see "crazy stupid love" at kips bay AMC theater
5.  water trough set up outside my office for people to fill their water bottles with good tasting NYC tap water
6.  wearing my bright red lipstick twice
7.  making it through one of the longest work weeks of my life
8.  co worker getting me four free tickets to see the Andrea Bocelli concert in central park on september 15th!
9.  no impulse purchases to celebrate my birthday (i.e. no HDTV, chair, pearls, etc)
10.  fake fighting with clare on the street where an older couple said "we need to walk away from them" - it was hilarious and kinda awesome

3 comments:

clare said...

#10 was very awesome! still makes me laugh!

Johnson Family said...

those are some awesome moments!!!Even though NY still baffles me.....

PinkyMcG said...

christa, new york and i would welcome you with open arms anytime you're ready to come! new york is awesome :)