Thursday, September 22, 2011

a dream is a wish your heart makes

i've stated before how i pretty much always remember my dreams.  and they are always vivid and generally involve at least one person that i know.  here's a run down of my dreams this week, thus far...

monday night -  a guy i had a crush on many moons ago showed up at church so i ran from floor to floor and classroom to classroom to avoid him seeing me.  was terrified that if i talked to him that i would start to like him again.  that had to be avoided at all costs!  crush hasn't been part of my life for quite some time so i'm always annoyed when he shows up in a dream to remind me of his actual live existence and that he didn't love me back.

tuesday night - was in a hair salon in utah visiting clare.  she had to go take care of a hair care emergency so told me to wait.  a woman close by was waiting to get her hair colored.  the owner of the salon came up to me and started giving me a hard time because i hadn't started her color process yet.  i didn't know what to do and clare wasn't answering her phone so i just started mixing color.  but was terrified of messing up this girl's hair, knowing how important my hair is to me, so i told the owner that i wasn't a trained stylist.  clare walked in while the owner was yelling at me.  she got yelled at also.  not sure why i waited so long in the dream to tell salon owner she had the wrong person doing hair.  i guess wanted to protect clare from getting in trouble.  so this dream once again cements my "good friend" status.  

wednesday night - my favorite band jimmy eat world was on my flight from london.  i happened to be sitting close to the lead singer jim adkins so of course i struck up a casual conversation.  i mentioned that i was bummed they were only doing their "bleed american" shows in san francisco, los angeles and arizona because i couldn't go based on work commitments.  jim told me that fellow toros (our HS mascot) had to stick together so he would put together a special performance of the album for me and my friends in new york within the year.  i promised to be his best friend for life.  i think i got the better deal.  REALLY REALLY REALLY wish this dream will come true!  makes perfect sense that my fave band would be willing to coordinate a show for myself and my friends in appreciation of my years of tireless devotion.

wonder what tonight's slumber will bring...

No comments: