Tuesday, September 27, 2011

a note to a thief...

to the person who stole my debit card number,

it makes me sad that you stole my debit card number.  there was no need to produce a counterfeit card to joy ride in taxi cabs throughout the city, buy some possibly needless gift cards and supplies from targets in the bronx and brooklyn as well as treat yourself to a coffee and doughnut at dunkin doughnuts.  there really was no reason for you to take about $400 of my hard earned money.  you truly should be ashamed of yourself that your thieving ways caused me to almost hyperventilate and start to shake because of panic and absolute dismay. 

there are only a few things, to me, that each person of the human race should hold dear.  they are honesty and integrity.  mr./ms. thief - you failed miserably on both points when you stole my debit card number.  i really hope that it was worth it to you because i think i was able to catch your thieving ways soon enough to get the card number cancelled before you hit the slot machines in atlantic city or bought that iPad you've had your eye on for the last week.

my final piece of advice to you, the person who stole my debit card number, is to take a moment to evaluate what you are doing.  stop leeching off other people and causing stress and anguish.  and if after the self evaluation you decide that you're all good with the dishonest choices you are making then my next piece of advice is to never open a checking account because i'm pretty sure the people you associate with wouldn't hesitate to do to you what you did to me. 

from,
the person who spent three hours of her day on the phone or in the branches of my bank

3 comments:

Miss Pretty Shoes said...

So sorry that happened! My AmEx # got stolen recently too and it's a headache! Glad it's all over now!

chloe said...

That sucks!

Heidi said...

I lost my AmEx card this week and was all in a dither about it -- canceled it yesterday, and no one else had even used it yet. How upsetting -- I hope you get your money back!