Sunday, September 18, 2011

trying to coordinate a girls' weekend

it's been over 10 years since myself and my two freshman year college roommates have been in the same room.  i think the last time we were all in the same room was susan's wedding.  a lot has obviously happened in that decade to all of our lives.

while chatting recently with heidi we realized that enough was enough.  it was time to bring the sweeties of m. smith heritage hall back into the same room.  emails about dates and locations have been exchanged but nothing finalized.  this weekend getaway unfortunately is easier said than done with two busy moms' schedules and my work load.  but i know the three of us are determined to make it happen. 

i have no doubt in my mind that when we are all back together that it will seem like we've only been apart for a few months.  that is one of the greatest blessings in life, friendship.  i greatly look forward to partying like it's 1999 again with my BYU comrades heid and susan!

3 comments:

Connie said...

I want to come and see you too. We should have a whole M. Smith Hall reunion someday! I miss you!

Heidi said...

It's been even longer -- I didn't make it to Susan's wedding because I was too pregnant! The last time the three of us hung out must have been when Susan came home from Spain -- good times in sunny CA! No giving up on this, though -- persistence is key! =)

PinkyMcG said...

Heidi - I forgot you weren't at Susan's wedding! It had to have been her welcome home from the mission. Wow! We will make our dream of a reunion come true.

Connie - an entire M. Smtih Hall Reunion would be awesome! Almost like a mission reunion but with cooler people. :)