Sunday, September 18, 2011

halfway through september

apparently i forgot i had a blog during the first 18 days of september.  my time has not been idle.  seems as the year winds to a close that my "to do" list increases.  not just with my professional obligations but also personal and church.  as i told someone recently, i would rather be busy and accomplishing tasks then sitting around being bored.  got my wish.
  • successfully made it through the first tax deadline of september 15th.  just one more to go in october.  
  • booked housing for orlando, florida january 2012 vacation
  • enjoyed numerous hours of amazing tennis played during the US Open including an epic match between novak djokovic and rafael nadal
  • spent labor day with my brother big lug and his family for my niece julia's baptism - she looked beautiful
  • started going to the gym at 6am daily - yup, 6am
  • planned relief society fall social with my meetings committee
  • saw Andrea Bocelli in Central Park  
  • became kind of obsessed with my Instagram app
  • ate my first cupcake from Sprinkles bakery
that is just a small snippet of my month of september thus far.  finally it feels like fall is in the air.  this means apple picking, photo taking, pumpkin bread baking, breaking out the cashmere sweaters and no more flip flops.  still pretty shocked that we are a short two weeks away from the fourth quarter of the year.  anyone else in a bit of shock by this fact?

No comments: