Sunday, July 29, 2012

a good purge is always a good idea

about a month ago joani called me.  she wanted to know if she could throw away a couple of boxes that were still living in the basement of grandpappy's house.  i said please leave the boxes where they are and i would review their contents while on vacation in utah a few weeks later.  thankfully she kindly agreed to keep her hands off of my stuff and allowed me to purge my five boxes myself.  

the last day i was in utah i took the five boxes i had in joani storage and was able to purge them down to 2 boxes.  yay me!  i apologize to all of my buddies who sent me a wedding announcement or sat with me while i had a caricature drawn or dealt with me during my 'nsync phase when i recorded every thing they ever did on television onto a VHS tape because all of those things are now at the bottom of a garbage can.  i really only kept the really nice art history text books and a few little tiny trinkets.  i think my joani was happy with my purge even though she was responsible for actually disposing of the unwanted items.

now i've been in a purging mood at home.  have gotten rid of old yucky stuff that's been stuck in a drawer, movies i don't watch anymore as well as books that now reside on my iPad along with food that might have expired in 2010.  i think everyone needs a good purge every now and then, especially someone who recently bought three pairs of Ferragamo shoes.  did i mention my love affair with my new shoes yet?  :)

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I am glad I was not alone in taping every single NSYNC appearance on VHS. I had 12 total. hahahahhaa Soul mates.