Tuesday, July 24, 2012

why hello mr. ferragamo

i'm a single woman.  this means many different things.  primarily i don't owe an explanation to anyone about how i choose to spend the dollars i earn.  therefore i might have taken that "freedom" to the fullest extent over the last couple of months.  here's the story how mr. salvatore ferragamo and i developed and solidified our relationship.


i was in california at the end of june for my cousin's wedding.  after all the family left to their prospective homes away from the ocean, i opted to hang around for a couple of extra days to see some really good friends.  i was scheduled to hang with my friends brian, aida and their awesome crew of kidlettes.  we were meeting at 11am.  i got a text from aida that morning saying she forgot about brian's hockey game so would need to push back our meeting time.  so what was a girl from NYC to do with some solo time, a rental car and an american express card.  (light bulb going off) as i'm sure the retail planners of LA hoped, i headed to one of the 100s of malls.  bad idea for my budget.  very bad.

walked into the mall and the first store directly to my left was salvatore ferragamo.  i'm not going to lie, my heart did a little flutter but decided to avoid the temptation so walked around and browsed. elsewhere.  didn't buy anything.  decided it was time to go meet with my buds so headed towards my awesome rental car.  this meant walking back towards mr. ferragamo and his awesome shoes.  

the problem then became my excellent eye sight because tucked away in the corner of the shelving unit viewable from the glass was my favorite word in the english language - "SALE".  the happy endorphins kicked in and i entered the world of ferragamo.  was immediately greeted by well dressed sales woman who didn't blink at my choice of reef flip flops.  she took the shoe i chose from the sale shelf, which was an awesome red patent heel, to find my size and came out with about five additional options.  i kid you not that opening each box was taking me back to my favorite memory of opening presents on christmas morning while my joani's cinnamon ring was baking in the oven.  so i walked out with three pairs of shoes.  happy happy birthday to me!

if you know me well personally, you will realize that each of the shoes that now call my bedroom closet #1 home are a perfect embodiment of my personality.  go ahead and feast your eyes on my new preciouses.  and i look forward to not eating out, seeing movies, or buying blurays for awhile to come.








1 comment:

Heidi said...

Fabulous!