Friday, February 29, 2008

Injury Update 2.0

Today was supposed to be a good day.  Me and my doctor were going to have a nice chat then he was going to use whatever tool was necessary to cut off this cast from my left leg/ankle. Unfortunately that was not the case when I went to see Mr. Ankle Doctor.  He told me to "listen to my body" and my body was telling me that the ankle was still not happy with me.  It still hurts like a jackhammer pounding against the concrete.  But that is what chick flicks are for. Basically this means that for the next two weeks I have the chance to get through over 100 DVD's that are part of my movie collection.  I'm so looking forward to diving back into the great characters of Pacey Whitter, Sydney Bristow, Elizabeth Barrett, Captain Jack Sparrow, Oedipus Prime and Frodo Baggins.  

One evening about a week ago I was in severe pain and my Joani just happened to call that night.  I started crying fiercely and that was when the decision was made to bring a family member to the great NYC to take care of me.  I'm so incredibly grateful that my sister Moocher was able to fly out and take care of me for the past few days.  She is absolutely excellent at taking out my trash, buying groceries, doing my laundry @ the laundromat, making some fierce spaghetti, and overall keeping me company. Thanks Mooch!






Let's hope the good times continue to roll...




No comments: