Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Rude Awakening

Okay...so I'm aware that New York is constantly changing and I'm more than in favor of new fun places to see, eat, or experience joining the greatest city in the land; HOWEVER, apparently I'm not okay with something new when it occurs outside my apartment. That's when I get cranky.

Every morning for the last week or two I have been unpleasantly awoken but the loudest banging, clanging noise ever. It is somewhat shocking that I wake up because I'm a deep sleeper, my bedroom door is always closed and the banging comes from construction located across the street!

This rude awakening by the always pleasant construction men will continue until mid-2009. At the conclusion of the construction will stand a very large what New Yorkers refer to as a "luxury building" (i.e. elevators, doorman, gym & roof top access). So the biggest tragedy of all is that I get to deal with this building and all the noise necessary to complete it and don't have a snow ball's chance in you know where of being able to move into it and enjoy the doorman, elevator, laundry, gym & roof top access.

This is the part where you feel great sympathy for me and my plight. :)

Here's the proof. 


No comments: