Sunday, February 17, 2008

Stomping in the Shower Concert

When I am upset my favorite way to release the tension and aggravation is to put on loud rock music and stomp around in the shower.  It also makes for crying to be less overt because I already have a wet face.  During my teen/college angst years the best rockers to stomp in the shower to were the power rockers of the mid-1990s.  Alanis Morrisette had the angry chic stuff down while Matchbox Twenty had the ultimate "I'm mad and need to release the aggression" song called Push.
It was beyond fantastic to hear that Matchbox Twenty was releasing a new album and going on tour.  The icing on the cake was that Alanis Morrisette was coming along for the ride.  I bought my ticket to MSG for the concert.  Only problem was the show took place last Thursday meaning I was still on crutches.  Not ideal for getting to the show or on my front row seat of section 206.  It was so difficult that I had to be wheelchaired out to the street.  The tragedy of it all was that I didn't get to hear Matchbox Twenty's Push because it was the final song of the encore and I had to leave before to meet my car.  It was purely tragic.  I did get some great shots of the bands.  So the test of my new camera came out brilliant but the pain wasn't worth it.


No comments: