Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Doggy Momma

This past weekend I had the pleasure of doggy sitting for my co-worker Chrys. She and her family travel to Europe in the summer so I volunteered to watch their pooch, Max. We thought a "trial run" would be in order before I had Max for 2 weeks in July.

Max and I met on Saturday and spent the weekend going to and back from Central Park, snuggling on my sofa and overall just enjoying the beautiful weather found in New York. It was fun except for the small accidents and whining. Poor little Max was probably traumatized by the city and all of its dogs and smells.

Overall it was fun to play with Max but it taught me that I am not ready for the responsibility of being a dog owner. The stairs in my building alone were enough to make me not purchase a pooch. (Although the benefits of exercise would be welcome) I will just have to wait until I can afford a lovely apartment in an elevator building.

Thanks Chrys for the loaner doggy to figure out if I could take the plunge with a dog of my own. I'll have to settle for seeing 2-3 times a year the prettiest doggy ever that lives with Joani, Moocher and Grandpappy...my Macy.

No comments: