Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Movie Review #1 - The Hulk

My brother Pookie mentioned that I see so many movies that it would only make sense to do a Movie Review portion on the blog. I realized, he's absolutely right! I see many, many movies because it is one of the cheapest forms of entertainment in New York. AMC Theaters chain enacted $6 Saturdays on all movies that begin before noon. I have seen a plethora of movies on $6 Saturdays. Thank you AMC!

My first review will be for Marvel Comic's THE HULK. "SEE IT"

I'm a fan of superhero movies with one notable exception being Spiderman. Netter and I went to check this out and I thought it was terrific. The action sequences were clearly CGI but you could suspend reality. Edward Norton did a really good job being the tortured soul who didn't ask for this "gift". I liked Liv Tyler and William Hurt also but was somewhat annoyed with Tim Roth who played Blonsky. He just looked like a rat. It was fun and definitely left me wanting more...which was its full intention. I smell another franchise.

The best thing about this movie was the New York audience who doesn't have a problem with cheering, clapping or yelling at exciting parts of the movie. I love the experience just as much as the movies themselves.

No comments: