Thursday, March 10, 2011

46 days without facebook

one great thing about living in new york is that it has educated me on other religions and their holy days.  i especially like the catholic celebrations of the easter season.  they observe lent which is to give up something to show gratitude and humility.  i've tried to incorporate this thought of sacrificing for the 46 days between ash wednesday and easter sunday.  this year i'm saying bye bye bye to facebook.  it seems that i rarely use facebook so i'm hoping it won't be too hard of a stretch.

what are you giving up for lent this year?

2 comments:

Connie said...

It's funny that you did this post. I was going to do the same thing on my blog. I am giving up chocolate. Not that it's help me be more humble but it's what I am giving up anyways! Good luck with no facebook. Let me know how it goes.

PinkyMcG said...

connie - you are braver than i to give up chocolate. let me know how it goes. you can do it!