Wednesday, March 02, 2011

spelling and grammar epidemic

i think there is an absolute epidemic of people who don't know how to spell or use correct grammar.  under my personal pet peeves, i must admit that bad spelling and grammar is close to the top.  i think it shows a definite lack of care and pride in your work.  it could also be the perfectionist in me.  there is no excuse for not learning how to properly spell a word and to use it correctly in a structured sentence.  my writing is by no means perfect but i know how to spell. 

epidemic case in point...all of the media attention on charlie sheen's antics produced the below screen grab from an interview on "good morning america."  there is a glaring spelling mistake.  take a look and let me know if you can figure out what the good folks at morning television obviously didn't learn in their more than likely very expensive education.

2 comments:

Spencer said...

There doing it right, I don't know what you're talking about. Them folks on Good Morning Americas are good people, ya know?

Johnson Family said...

Um... maybe they meant "They're". I'm with you on the grammer and spelling thing. I try really, really hard not to correct my kids and husband too often.