Tuesday, March 22, 2011

what i've learned recently

going to try to do a new series on my little blog where i share things i've recently learned or observed about myself.  last night is a perfect example...

i always make a "to do" list before heading out of town for any length of time.  a standard "to do" on that list is to clean my apartment.  joani would always leave our home spotless prior to any family departure and i have kept the tradition alive.  so last night's "to do"s were laundry, dust & vacuum the living room, clean the bathroom, make dinner that can be used for left over lunches, burn CDs for joani's classes and one for me while i drive the wilds of utah roads. 

here's the part where i realized something about myself.  i'm a creature of habit which means lounging must occur for at least an hour after getting home from work.  all of my "to do"s lasted from about 6:15pm to around 10:15pm last night.  you would think that i would prep for sleeping at their completion since it was about the time i like to hit the hay.  but instead of doing that very practical thing i chose to lounge on my couch and watch hawaii five-o and then bethenney ever after (my new guilty pleasure - shhhh).  i chilled on the couch for over an hour watching shows that are still parked on my dvr.  why??  this meant i didn't actually turn off the lamp next to my bed until 12:30am because of course i had to read for a half hour.  that's just ridiculous! 

now i'm tired and a bit grouchy from only 6 hours of sleep last night.  hmmm.  need to seriously work on the newly discovered lounging requirement after my "work" for the day is done.  or at least move the lounging to my bed so that i can get to sleep at a decent hour and not worry about bethenney's religious hang ups.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm just impressed you got all that done in 4 hours -- lounging was well-deserved! I know what you mean, though -- I often think of how much i could get done if I substituted something productive for my unwinding in front of the TV habit....

Laura said...

From the girl who had to be talked into DVR, and one who still thinks that paying a cable bill every month is a waste, I am totally addicted to lounging on the couch with the TV on.

chloe said...

Brilliant learning. I think I have the same issue. And, I'm sorry, but how could you not want to learn about Bethenny's religious hang-ups. (I'm might be mildly obsessed with her show...and her husband...and her baby...)