Sunday, March 06, 2011

there's just something about sunday

i kinda don't like sundays.  let me clarify - i enjoy attending church and spending time learning the gospel with the primary kids.  the reason i don't like sunday is it often allows for way too much weekly personal reflection and evaluation.

i need a sunday afternnon/evening hobby.  there is just too much solo time after waking from my necessary three hour nap.  it might be time to actively make a plan to accomplish something every sunday.  you know what they say about idle hands.

this week's "hobby" was to bake some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies while watching the les miserables 25th anniversary concert.  the only problem with this chosen activity is that self reflection doesn't go away while baking cookies & eating cookie dough.  instead it highlights the negative and encourages eating empty calories.

1 comment:

Connie said...

I just watched that on PBS tonight. It was amazing. It gave me goosebumps. I loved when you blogged about it before and I was so excited to see it tonight. YOu should try crocheting on Sundays. You have to think about what you are doing and you can make cute things in the process.