Wednesday, September 27, 2006

The Beautiful People

Ever since yesterday's feather boa sighting, I have noticed the people around me instead of remaining in my NYC bubble. There are a LOT of good looking people walking the streets or riding on the mass transit system of Manhattan. Am I the last person to realize I am surrounded by beautiful people?

For instance...I stopped into my favorite deli to pick up some food for a late lunch today. Normally I won't eat a ton if it is late in the day, but there was the most gorgeous guy ordering from the hot foods that I just had to get a heaping helping of baked macaroni and cheese. This food selection was made purely so I could stand next to his beautifulness and hope it would transfer to me via osmosis. Unfortunately, I think the only result from my experiment is I had to eat really nasty macaroni and cheese.

Therefore, I will resolve that next time I see a beautiful person I will smile at them because as the new television show 6 degrees (on ABC Wednesday nights after Lost) teaches, "the person you pass on the street could become your best friend." And, a girl in the big city can never have enough friends, especially if they are part of the beautiful people club.

3 comments:

Donetta said...

Oh, there are some very beautiful people in NYC. I saw at least a dozen on the subway this morning.

Twinkie said...

come to utah. there aren't very many here. unless you're into that whole blonde, blue-eyed, i-look-the-same-as-everyone-else look. which if you are, then utah is your heaven on earth. i miss new york city.

PinkyMcG said...

Good to know that Utah has kept the same-as-everyone-else look going. New York misses you, terribly!