Thursday, September 28, 2006

Truly, Truly Outrageous

This morning, I watched two episodes of the timeless cartoon classic, Jem! She is truly, truly outrageous. I decided to NetFlix the first season of this cartoon series to relive the magic of my childhood years. Much to my surprise, in the first two episodes Jem tackled some serious issues like failing eye sight, world hunger, and the importance of caring about others. Who knew Jem was such a humanitarian?

It was a lot of fun to sit in my living room and sing along to the theme song as well as revert back to a nine year old who never missed an episode. One year for my birthday, Joani gave me a fashion plate stencil set of Jem and the Holograms. I spent hours upon hours creating outfits for the most "outrageous" girls.

My joy of Jem was not only apparent during my childhood but my adulthood also. My former roommate Choreographer bought me a Jem shirt for Christmas. Now that is true friendship...to walk into Anthropologie and buy a t-shirt with an 80s cartoon icon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I just had to let you know that Jem was my very favorite show when I was young too. I can't believe that you found the series. my daughter would love that show