Sunday, May 04, 2008

CRUTCH-LESS

The day has finally come that I could leave my apartment without a metal attachment to my right side!!!  Hooray!  Saturday was my first official crutch-less day!  After three long months I am finally able to remember my life prior to the "great injury of 2008".

So how did I choose to spend my first crutch-less day?  I opted to enjoy the visual stylings of Made of Honor (just okay) and Iron Man (absolutely fantastic) in the theater at 87th Street and 3rd Avenue.  It was fun to walk to lunch between the movies and then walk home afterwards.  

I may now be crutch-less but alas still have to deal with pain and swelling.  Apparently that will be constant for next few months.  Who knew that breaking a bone causes habitual swelling for months?  I certainly didn't.  

I have to give credit where it is due...I couldn't have made May 3rd my crutch-less day without the assistance of PT Jeremy.  He and his assistant Austin City whipped me into shape so that I could walk finally without my crutches.  Thank you much.  

Now all I can think about are the things I can do again now that I am crutch-less - hence the newest poll.  You can determine what I do first...so please vote!  This might be your only chance to tell me what to do.  :)

No comments: