Sunday, May 04, 2008

I blame you Netter

Generally I don't jump on the trend bandwagon especially when it comes to entertainment.  I still haven't read more than the first Harry Potter book, ignored my mother's pleadings to read The Work and the Glory for at least two years, opted to not care if the "Survivors" got out of their exile and didn't give a hoot or holler about who was named American's Next Top Model, Project Runway winner or won the heart of The Bachelor.  I almost felt like the last remaining American who didn't put life on hold Tuesday and Wednesday nights to enjoy the vocal stylings of 'amateurs' trying to sing cover songs for a recording contract.  I was most definitely not an American Idol fan from the beginning.  Didn't the show start in like 1992.  I swear it has been on forever.  There must be about 15 American Idols now.

This determination to avoid American Idol came to a screeching halt when Netter spent a Tuesday evening visiting her injured friend.  I was so thrilled to have human contact after being stuck in my apartment that I broke down and we watched American Idol together.  That was the beginning of the end.  

Now I actually know the names of those still remaining...Syesha Mercado, David Cook, Jason Castro and David Archuleta.  I felt bad when Brooke White was bounced from the show last week.  I will probably add the show to my DVR list this week.  How did this happen??  I was happy living my American Idol-less life.  Oh well, might as well embrace it.  So thank you Netter for bringing the joy of cover songs with alternate arrangements into my life.  

I hope either of the Davids win.  Kinda think David Archuleta is adorable and an amazing singer.  David Cook can rock a song that was meant to be a sweet ballad but that poor boy needs a hair cut.  Someone help him please.

One of the best reasons to watch the show is because with each episode I'm one step closer to the joy of So You Think You Can Dance?  Since I got Netter hooked on that Must See TV, I suppose her American Idol incorporation was just pay back.  :)

1 comment:

Donetta said...

I happily take the blame.

Although, admittedly, I'd rather have you addicted to HP. But, one small step...