Sunday, May 04, 2008

Jazz Fan

After leaving my job at the NBA, I have barely spent any time viewing NBA games.  I needed to distance myself from the basketball bu I always knew I would return to enjoying the athletic stylings of the current crop of players.  That day has come thanks in part to my friends Artiste and Frequent Flyer.  These friends don't have their own version of Ed and cable so I offered my home for them to view the first round between the Utah Jazz and Houston Rockets.  Artiste is a big fan of the Jazz and deserves the chance to see his team play.  

Initially I thought I would go into my room and read a book so that they could enjoy the game without my commentary.  But after that first game I became completely hooked.  I knew of two players on the Jazz up until last week...now I know them all.  (okay not the habitual bench warmers)  I even now have to wear my Jimmy Eat World t-shirt because they lost the one time I didn't wear it.  I have a Jazz superstition.  

It has been fun to watch the Jazz play and destroy the Rockets in Game 6.  Now I'm hooked and initiate the contact to Artiste and Frequent Flyer to see when they can come over to watch the games.  My grandmother would be so proud.  She loved the Jazz.

Here's to hoping the Jazz can destroy Kobe Bryant and the Lakers.  There isn't a person who I want to see fail more than Kobe Bryant.    

No comments: