Thursday, April 21, 2011

iPad 2 quest 2nd UPDATE

family and friends...i have my iPad 2!  our collective happy thoughts and righteous living culminated in receipt of my 64 gig wi-fi only black iPad 2 prior to my trip to san francisco!  here's how it happened.

since reserving the iPad on monday i haven't been without my phone.  even chose to keep it on full ringer while at work.  had a leap of excitement each time i received a call, text or alert.  my little heart would flutter hoping that the best buy people were calling with the news i've longed to hear. 

yesterday while doing some work in the office copy room i realized i didn't have my phone with me.  the horror!  walked to my desk and grabbed it.  decided to enjoy a michael jackson performance while doing the massive amounts of scanning in the copy room.  not 2 minutes had passed from the time i retrieved the phone from my desk that it rang with an unfamiliar number.  answered the call with barely contained expectation.  here's how the conversation went...

me:  hello
person:  hello, is this (pinkymcg)?
me:  yes
person:  this is natasha from best buy.  i wanted to see if you had received your iPad 2 yet?
me:  i haven't received it but i'm hoping you're about to tell me that it is in the store.
natasha:  yes it is.  you can come to the store anytime after 5pm to receive it.  just please have your reservation receipt.
me:  natasha you are officially my favorite person right now.  you can't see me but i'm doing a little dance right now becuase of my excitement.  (was actually dancing around the copy room in my purple flats)
natasha:  i'm very happy to give you the good news.  just come to the computer section of the store within 48 hours and they will have your iPad ready for you. 
me:  thank you so much!
natasha:  have a great day and thanks for choosing best buy.
me:  thank you!

once boss man left the office, i grabbed my bags and went to the land of blue and gold where dreams come true.  walked out with my iPad clutched tightly in my arms.  i wonder if this is how it feels to have a new baby...

1 comment:

Laura said...

Perhaps the excitement and awe could be close to the new baby feeling. But I'm sure it didn't come with the How can i be responsible for this thing and give it what it needs anxiety. Does it cuddle? That's the best part.