Sunday, April 17, 2011

still miss my macy

had brunch with gooch on saturday morning.  opted to walk through the park as path to brunch destination.  as i was about to get to the end of the park i noticed a man holding two leashes but no dogs attached to them.  when i got closer i saw that the two dogs were shelties.  that is the same breed as my macy. 

i struck up a short conversation with the man and he let me pet his dogs who were beautiful.  when he asked me about my sheltie i started to tear up.  he was very sympathetic when i told him that macy had passed away almost a year ago.  i thanked him and put my earbuds back in and started to walk away.  maybe took about 3 steps before the tears began to fall and fall and fall. 

didn't realize that the grief is still at the surface.  i truly loved macy and miss her everytime i walk through my grandpa's house door.  she was the best doggie. 

might have to avoid shelties if i see them in my path or carry extra tissues for allergies and tears falling from missing my macy.

2 comments:

Aly said...

Glad that man was nice to let you pet the shelties, I miss Macy too :(

Johnson Family said...

oh Macy! She was such a good dog! Good dogs are just hard to replace in our minds, so you'll just have to carry those tissues and remember Macy along the way!!!
Love ya!
Christa