Saturday, April 02, 2011

iPad 2 quest

its been three weeks since the peeps have lined up and attempted to purchase an iPad 2.  i have not been standing in any lines or stalking the UPS delivery trucks to best buy.  but i do want one.  i've saved my pennies and am now ready to purchase.  only problem is that within the last 3 weeks there hasn't been a stockpile of inventory at the best buy stores in my hood.

(let me back up and just mention that i choose to purchase at best buy because i am part of their reward program and want to use gift certificates and obtain points.) 

now i'm determined to obtain my 64 gig wi-fi only black iPad 2 prior to departure for my san francisco vacation.  leaving for the west coast in a little less than three weeks.  that's an almost 6 hour flight where personal entertainment is imperative.  so the quest is on...

boss man has agreed to allow me to run away from my desk each morning to walk briskly to the best buy store located 4 blocks away on fifth avenue.  thanks boss man for understanding the importance of this want to join the millions of other who look cool.  friday was the first trip of the quest.  the entire attempt #1 lasted about 15 minutes from desk to desk.  no iPads that day.

really hoping that this quest to obtain something i want will have better results than my ongoing Wicked ticket lottery disagreement.  wish me luck!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Kevin wants one too, and I think I might have hinted too heavily that it could be a birthday present. Now I"m locked in!