Thursday, April 14, 2011

personal realization #2

yesterday i realized that i spend money when in a foul mood or frustrated about something.  i remember when big lug left on his mission that i spent $300 in a day...as a high school student.  that was the first time i remember where shelling out the benjamins stemmed my pain and emotional anguish. 

right now i'm knee deep in frustration with my inability to get an iPad 2.  came back from attempt #9 to troll craigslist for my iPad.  called the premier silver reward program with best buy to try to work my magic on getting the inside info on how to get an iPad.  called apple stores in manhattan who told me that people are still lining up at least 5 hours before the store opens.  all of this info just made me more annoyed that i can't have something i want. 

my way to cope with the aggrevation was to spend some money pronto.  so i looked up expensive restaurants for my vacation to san francisco.  priced flights to london to enjoy jimmy eat world's performance in june as well as their show in SLC in may.  almost reserved a zipcar to drive to the outlet mall in harriman on saturday.  checked to see if the broadway shows i want to see were on TKTS - they were. 

thankfully i was able to control the beast and only spent $30 on groceries yesterday.

need to be very aware when i'm annoyed, sad, frustrated or emotional to keep the debit cards, credit cards and cash buried in my very stylish coach purse.  otherwise dreadful things could happen like ordering product from an infomercial.  oh the horror.

1 comment:

Aly said...

Way to keep control sister! Your iPad 2 will come to you at some point :)