Wednesday, February 22, 2012

fell off the wagon (not literally)

i truly was trying to curb my addiction over the last year or so.  i didn't buy that $1000 plane ticket to london in june to watch jimmy eat world perform the entirety of my FAVORITE album "bleed american".  still haven't plopped down the cash to see the lion king on broadway.  i saw less concerts and musicals last year than probably any year since 2002-2003 when i was a starving newbie new yorker. 

that hard work to battle my concert addiction is sayonara within the first couple of months of 2012.  thus far i have seen kelly clarkson at radio city music hall (awesome show!), bought tickets for snow patrol in april, heading to turn-of-the-century new york to see newsies the musical in april and for the peace de resistance...have tickets to see the cranberries in may!  anyone who knew me in high school couldn't be unaware of my love for the cranberries.  i remember exactly where i bought their "no need to argue" album.  i was in santa barbara, california at a music store at their outdoor shopping complex and i was 15 years old.  i am super, duper excited to finally see them live.  plus they are releasing a new album next week.  be still my beating heart!




i thought i had my addiction under control but alas i can't stop the goodness and joy i feel when i see tickets tacked up on my ticket board.  one day i will get this addiction under control...it's just not going to be today when i check the prices to fly to utah for snow patrol's show @ the depot.

1 comment:

Johnson Family said...

ooh how fun! I love the Cranberries! it reminds me so much of being that age...15.
Looks like you have a lot of fun shows planned for the near future, and I think that is wonderful.
I think it is great that you keep a ticket board, what an awesome idea. Maybe take a picture someday so I can see what it looks like. Also, your pics of Central Park always amaze me, keep them coming.
Love and stuff,
Christa