Friday, February 24, 2012

personal realization #9 - the dark day remedy

generally this blog is for posting about my life in new york and to make my friends jealous of all the cool things i get to do.  (can no longer hide from that simple truth)  it is relatively rare that i will post something deeply personal or a weakness i have or an event that has made me emotional.  it's just not my style and would detract from the "make my friends jealous" mantra.  

then came the dark day...

i decided to post about that truly horrible, gut wrenching, emotional black hole of a saturday because it fit perfectly in my personal realization post series.  the thing i didn't count on was the outpouring of support and love i received after the post was published.  amazing friends, many who i haven't seen in YEARS, sent me a text message, called me or posted in the comments section to check to make sure i was doing better and remind me how much they love me.  to each of you that reached out to me, i send you my sincerest thank you.  you were the remedy to my dark day and will continue to be my medicine for any dark days to come...

and my joani sent me flowers.  that really helped too. 

No comments: