Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Italy Here We Come...

Last night Netter came over to finalize our Italian getaway. We opted to go in February to save some dollars and so I would only need to use 3 vacation days. The great cities of Rome and Florence will soon be graced with our presence.

Italy was always lower on my list of places to go and see in Europe but the lure of gelato and warmer temperatures in February changed my mind. We are taking a train from Rome to Florence to enjoy the amazing art that is available for view there. I like taking trains because it allows for us to view the Italian countryside. That aspect of my trip to Central Europe was great because you got to see the parts of countries that you wouldn't if you flew over them.

Art found in Italy was also a big draw to spending beaucoup dollars to head to Rome and Florence.
During my art history studies in college, Italian art was one of my lesser favorites; but now the thought of seeing Michaelangelo's Pieta & David, the Duomo's Dome in Florence and the masters like Boticelli, Fra Angelico, Raphael, DaVinci and Caravaggio is making me become a giddy school girl.

During the cold days of New York's February and in celebration of Joani's birthday on the 17th of February I will be enjoying the sights, sounds, food, and overall atmosphere of Rome and Florence. The countdown to take off begins now. Only 86 days to go. Yeah!

1 comment:

Donetta said...

oh yeah! It's gonna be a great time. Can't wait.