Monday, November 06, 2006

Examples of Endurance

A huge congratulations to Doc for her accomplishment in finishing the 2006 New York City Marathon. She went the distance of 26.2 miles on a cold but sunny Sunday afternoon. I think she deserves at the least a standing round of applause. Congrats Doc!

I, along with Netter and Shopping Queen fanned the cheering section of 5th Avenue to cheer on all the runners. It was almost an emotional experience to witness the determination to achieve a common goal - to finish the race.


Over 37,000 people from around the world were on the same path and striving for the same result. I think it would be pretty amazing to see that kind of dedication and endurance to achieve a common goal within the whole of society. Just think of all the good that could come from acting as a unit to endure to the end.

Another congratulations to Doc and Makepeace, my co-worker, for their fantastic accomplishment. Who knows, maybe one day I will complete a marathon. It would probably happen while I was sleeping though. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Doc! It was so great to cheer her on -- along with the thousands of other goal-setting folks. GO runners!