Wednesday, November 01, 2006

And So It Begins

There is only one good thing about "falling back" in time for the conclusion of Daylight Savings Time. That one thing is the extra hour of sleep I get for one night out of 364 nights a year. The rest of the so-called benefits of standard time are slim to none because now it begins to get dark way too early for my mental and physical health.

Dusk falls on the city at around 4:45pm. Where am I usually at this hour - sitting at my desk located next to a window at work. I get the opportunity to watch the darkness creep up the sides of the Waldorf Astoria and Chase Buildings. Lucky, lucky me.

This is why Arizonians and Western Indiana residents have it right - they refuse to buy into the government's mandate that allows for retail owners to benefit from additional daylight hours for their consumers. Next year, the daylight hours start earlier and end in November. Talk about depression after the candy overload of Halloween.

No comments: