Thursday, November 02, 2006

Musical Conversion

A couple of weeks ago, I found two co-workers talking about music in the ladies room. They were exclaiming their love for The Fray. Being the music connoisseur that I am, I piped in with some bands that were comparable and in my opinion, better than The Fray.

One of my co-workers said she would go and do a test run via iTunes to see if she liked the bands I recommended. On Monday she called me to tell me that she really enjoyed the three musical groups. Being the kind-hearted person I am, I decided to enact a musical conversion by offering to burn CDs full of some of the best music ever.

The CDs were full of three amazing bands:

SNOW PATROL
Top songs: Chocolate, Chasing Cars, Grazed Knees, Run & You're All I Have










KEANE
Top songs: This Is the Last Time, Bend & Break, Crystal Ball & Everybody's Changing









LONG-VIEW
Top songs: When You Sleep, Further, Will You Wait Here & Can't Explain









I also had another musical conversion with the above bands when I introduced them to Supplier. I burned him music to take on his business road trips and he rocked out all the way to Long Island and back. Nothing like good music on a road trip.

With the success of these two conversions, I now feel like I have the tools to convert the world around me to the joys of these three bands. It doesn't hurt that they are all good looking young men and speak with an accent. And let's face it...semi-good looking men turn out to be REALLY attractive once you strap a guitar on or give them sticks to pound on drums.

No comments: