Wednesday, November 22, 2006

It's That Time Again

It's time again for the joy of the holiday season to wrap its comforting spirit around the world. A couple of days ago I saw the greenery rising on the Waldorf Astoria as well as the trees lining Park Avenue's medians being lit up. There are so many times during the year that I love to watch the city transform. Seeing the lights, garlands, trees, stars, and store windows almost come to life with the holidays is so exciting! The one downer is the fact that it gets really, really cold during this time. Luckily I have a plethora of coats to choose to wear.

My first Christmas in the City was really hard because I was still going through the trauma of moving to New York. I needed a pick-me-up really badly and one of my bestest friends, Doc delivered it to me. We took one Saturday before Christmas and did all of the cheesy touristy holiday things. There is a reason that the busy season for tourism is the months of November and December. Doc and I went to the Rockefeller Tree, Macy's Windows, got hot chocolate in Central Park, did a little shopping on 34th street and basically soaked in all of the holiday cheer. Every year since we have conducted our New York Fun Day to remember why we love New York and how the city comes to life with the holidays.

This year we are revving up New York Fun Day especially since Doc is traveling from the great golden way to our famed city. We'll hit all of the main attractions but we're going to choose great new restaurants to enjoy and have invited Dancing Queen and Jewel to come also. The more the merrier! The conclusion of New York Fun Day has become my holiday tradition. We all go and enjoy the New York Pops Christmas concert at Carnegie Hall. We get to sing "White Christmas" at the end. Who could ask for anything more?

No comments: