Tuesday, November 28, 2006

It's About the Shoes

On the train this morning I seemed to be fixated on people's shoes. At the 59th Street stop I could only see the feet of those waiting on the opposite platform. I found myself trying to guess if the people attached to the shoes were tourists, cops, executives or teenagers skipping out on chemistry class. Normally feet ensconced in sneakers would belong to tourists or young mothers but here in Manhattan sneakered feet could belong to executives, assistants or filming crew.

I used to be a strictly black flats type of girl but seem to embraced the joy of the heel regardless of the fact that I generally tower over most of the Manhattan public. That must be why I spent the most money ever on shoes two weeks ago. Aren't they beautiful?

My obsession with the shoes must explain why I am constantly taking pictures of people's shoe clad feet. Or maybe it was just because I needed to waste some film or memory card space. I guess I need to do a little more self-analyzation to figure it out.


Any guesses whose feet these are?

1 comment:

Donetta said...

I spy my sneaker.