Thursday, October 26, 2006

Non-tourist Touristy Attractions

My good friend, Francais, from high school hung in New York this weekend. She came with a group of young married mothers to enjoy the sights and sounds of the city. Luckily, I rescued Francais from the cramped quarters of a 5 person hotel room. Instead she trekked up 4 flights of stairs and enjoyed a pull out couch and Cheerios in the morning. Now that's friendship!

Unfortunately for Francais she was dragged by her compatriots to all the touristy parts of NYC via the red double decker bus. I was her only salvation and held responsible for giving her an appreciation of the non-tourist touristy attractions here in NYC. These attractions generally involved food choices because any guest of mine is prohibited from tasting food from a chain restaurant like Olive Garden, Applebee's, or T.G.I.Fridays. We did indulge in a little sparkler appreciation by going to Tiffany & Co. Since I had never been there, it was considered a non-tourist touristy attraction.


This weekend will see the triumphant return of Doc and Shopping Queen to the city that never sleeps. The best thing about having these two fantastic people back is that I know there will be no trekking to Times Square or my other least favorite place in New York, Chinatown.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you do know that one of these times you are going to go to TGI-Friday's with me! and i do enjoy chinatown,come on you like it sometimes.